Many of you must have asked yourself how to use Android without Google services. Well, the answer to that question is simple; you can use it any way you want. The reason why most people are having a hard time using it is because of Google. Yes, Google made this amazing mobile OS so that they can capture your attention and money with their services.
But, as a user, you should not only be contented with just having it. You should be an avid user of it. And the best thing about Android is that you can have different user settings without modifying the primary settings. That is because the operating system has a “jailbreak” system which enables users to use third-party applications. So, if you like to tweak your device and make it more personalized, this article is for you.
Android Without Using Google Services?
To begin, you must read this: most of the apps that are pre-installed on your device are controlled by the google components. This means that you cannot simply remove these apps. You have to retrieve and reinstall them again. This is not possible if you are using a custom ROM. Forcing the flash-ROM is not an option because it will prevent you from accessing the many features and apps that are available through the Google interface.
Fortunately, there are alternatives. You can do this by downloading an open-source ROM and installing it on your android device without Google applications. This alternative has many advantages. First of all, you do not need to modify your system settings. You can install and use most applications and play games with them without any problems.
Another advantage is that you can use Android without services if you have disabled the use of Google applications. You can use these apps again. Just find the ones you want to uninstall and then uninstall them. You can also locate all the apps that were left behind by the developers. These leftovers are also available for use in the open-source ROM.
Installing an open-source software is not enough to use Android without services. There is also a need to configure your device settings. If you want to use Android without Google services, you should remove the default dialer or any other add-on applications. Do not install any of the Google apps like the Chrome browser or any of their other tools.
You should also consider a backup of your data before attempting to modify the system settings. The modification of system settings will require you to backup your current settings. You can use the backed up data to rollback the changes if you encounter some problem.
However, there are two main disadvantages of using Android without Google services. First, they are not developed by Google. This makes it hard for users to update or fix bugs immediately. It’s not possible for Google to develop these scripts because they are tightly integrated into the Android framework. This means that the users are always at a disadvantage when running Android without services.
- Download The Battle Cats 10.8.0 APK + MOD
- Raft Survival: Ocean Nomad v1.0.16 APK + MOD
- Download Teamfight Tactics: League of Legends
- Download Grimvalor v APK + MOD
- Bud Farm: Idle Tycoon v1.8.1 APK + MOD
- Player Unknown’s Battlegrounds
- How To Get The Most Out Destiny 2 Complete Guide
- What Happens When You Unblock Someone On WhatsApp
- What Are Some Best Games Like Age of Empires
- What Are Some Good Games Like Clash of Clans
- Why is Reddit So Famous
- Best Games to Play With Family and Friends on Android
- Rope Hero: Vice Town Download
- Download CrossFire: Legends 22.214.171.124 For Android
- Download AirBrush APK
- The Best Spotify Alternatives For Android
- Lucky Patcher APK
- Assassin’s Creed Identity MOD
- 10 Best Mac Data Recovery Softwares
Second, these apps are rarely updated. Users frequently complain about the poor performance of these apps. Even if they use them in a new version, the performance will remain poor. The problem is that even if the apps are updated, users won’t be able to install the modifications made by the developers. Users will therefore have to start from scratch and learn how to use the newly modified apps.
Apart from these two major disadvantages, there are still a few minor disadvantages which we can consider as drawbacks. The biggest drawback of disabling Google services is the longer the device will be usable without Google. If you disable the Google application, you will permanently lose the ability to browse the Chrome, check your email or access any other applications. You also won’t be able to use the Android engine to run most of your standard tasks. Some apps like Google Maps will stop working.
How to use Android without Google Services? Follow the steps below to use Android without Google services:
- Install a Custom ROM.
- Use MicroG instead of Gapps.
- Use play store alternatives i.e. Yalp Store, F-Droid or G-Droid.
- Use DuckDuckGo instead of Google search and Chrome.
- Use “Signal Messenger” instead of Android messenger.
- Replace Google Maps with OpenStreetMap.
- Replace Google Drive with Dropbox.
- Use ProtonMail instead of Gmail.
- You’re ready to use Android without Google Services!